Who should attend
The main target groups are Junior Project Managers and Project Managers of smaller projects for external customers, as well as all those who occupy an important professional role in these projects.
What you learn
Participants know the most important terms and principles of project management and have a clear understanding of the success criteria for external projects with respect to change and claim management. Dynamic processes in teams are familiar to them and they know simple tools that help them support the team development process in their projects. They know the most essential project management methods, their relationships and are able to use them in different situations. They have the basic toolkit for project planning of a project based on the triple constraints as the foundations of a project.
How you learn
This program enables Project Managers and Project Team Members to apply PM methods and processes based on latest industry standards for external customer projects. It includes the bid phase as well as the execution phase of a project.
- Basic definitions: project management, bid and execution phase of a customer project
- The contract as the basis for successful project management in customer projects
- Project definition, internal project charter and stakeholder management
- The triple constraint in project management (quality, time, costs)
- PM planning methods for scope, schedule, resource and cost planning
- Project organization, project roles and resource management
- Communication in the project & project management workshops
- Communication with the customer and subcontractor
- Risk management including basic know-how on FMEA
How to register
PM Fundamentals for Customer Projects
Date & location
October 12-14, 2020 - Haus Rheinberg, Lorch, Germany
1,200 € (plus travel and accommodation)